design

Saturday 28 March 2009

Lilac Flowers

Four flowers seems to be the thing at the moment and my hand drawn calligraphy flowers have been neglected while I've been using the stamps. neglected but not forgotten and I got them out today to make this lilac card. What I Used
1 base card in white linen 14cm x 14cm when folded.
An extra piece of white card to draw the images.
Blending Calligraphy Pens in English lavender and Orchid

What I did:
I cut four squares from the spare piece of white card and drew four flowers with the calligraphy pens. I did them slightly off centre. I used the green Art and Graphics to draw stems and leaves.
I used 3d foam pads to stick them to the piece of lilac card and made sure to leave a border all around the squares.
I then stuck this lilac card to the base card.
I drew around the base card with a dot and a dash line .
I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the card.

I wonder what will come next. I won't commit myself as I need to see what mood I'm in.

3 comments:

  1. such a lovely elegant card..so love the images..thanks for playing along with SS&S sketch challenge good luck and we hope you can join us again..thanks clare x SS&S DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card - I can't believe you did those flowers yourself, they are gorgeous. I love your doodled border too.

    Thanks for taking part in our challenge at Sunday Sketch & Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this card is absolutely stunning! Perfect images, and the colors are so soft. I just Love what you've done.
    Hugs
    Lynda =)

    ReplyDelete