design

Thursday 21 January 2010

Ribbon Flower Tutorial

As many of you may know, we sell lots of ribbon at Craft Fairy and I have now learnt not to be amazed when customers ask me... What can I do with ribbon? So to help out those who don't know, here is my latest tutorial.


Gingham Ribbon flower:




  1. You will need a 10 inch length of ribbon. I used this black and white gingham. You will need at least 23 mm ribbon for this to work. Ribbon available from Craft Fairy.
  2. Thread in your chosen colour. I used white but red would be quite nice if you have red on your card or page.
  3. Two buttons, one slightly bigger than the other.

Now comes the fun part:

Thread your needle and with small stitches, stich along one edge of the ribbon.



When you get to the end of the ribbon, pull the thread to make the ribbon into the sort of cartwheel shape that you can see in the picckie.


Sew the ribbon together at the back... No one wants to see tacking stitches.

Now sew the bigger button on first and then when it's secure sew the smaller button on top.
There we are, ready to be used.

3 comments:

  1. Great tutorial, thanks for sharing

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i didn't realise it was that simple, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll try making these, they are well cute! Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog! x x x

    ReplyDelete