design

Sunday 14 February 2010

Fennel Seed Head Card

The challenge on Our Creative Corner this week is for something old that's new. Well, like almost everyone else I've got lots of things in my stash that are old and neglected. In my case it's a brayer. I bought one some time ago and I've not been able to master it at all. So this card is for you to see how you can use those bits of card that you practise on and think aren't good enough.

I am often asked for cards for men and it is always difficult to come up with anything for them. So much of the stuff in the shops is covered with beer mugs that I decided to go for something refreshing and natural. Flowers are out for most men but seeds and weeds seem to be fine. This is what you get in this card.

What you will need:


Fennel Seed Head from Stampinback
Pieces of waste card from when you've been learning to use a brayer
or some nice paper
Stazon in Stone Grey
Sentiment stamp from I Brake for Stamps
Light duck egg blue ribbon from Craft Fairy
Toning background paper for the base of the card

Happy crafting

7 comments:

  1. Hi Hun xx Another gorgeous card..love the stamp and the colours.hugs clare xx

    p.s just to let you know ive done another card and a shout out about you on my blog..hope you dont mind x

    hope to pop by your stall at the NEC 27th march...got my pennies saved ready..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice. I think we can judge that you have mastered the brayer. I love the colors you chose and the image is so classic. Glad to see you were able to give some love to your brayer! So happy you could join in the fun with us at Our Creative Corner this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so very stunning. beautiful colours
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! Great job on the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design, LOVE the pretty colors!

    Thanks for playing along with us over at Our Creative Corner! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous! The stamped image on the brayered panel looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete