design

Saturday 7 May 2011

Folded ribbon rose tutorial

A couple of weeks ago I asked if your 'could guess what it is yet?' I thought that I could get on and make a tutorial straight away but I have been so busy that it has taken me until now to do a very straight forward tutorial. So I've decided that I will put you out of your misery straight away, by showing you that the tutorial will be for a folded ribbon rose. The title of the post rather gave it away though. As I told you before you will need the shocking pink 23mm wide grosgrain for this and I used the swiss dot one as I wanted to have the contrast between the plain side and the dotty side. You can make a plain one if you want to but this looks kind of cute.



You will need to start by rolling a short section of the ribbon and securing it with a couple of stitches. Stitching is better than gluing as it will held in place and then, if you want to put it on a garment you can wash it without being afraid that it will fall apart. This roll will be your bud.


Next fold the ribbon at a 90 degree angle to the roll as shown below.Roll the ribbon around the central bud until you get to the end of the folded part. It will be obvious when you do it. Secure the bottom with a couple of stitches. ,Fold and roll again and again. See below. Make sure to put in a couple of stitches as you go.Below is what your rose should look like after you have folded a few times.Now look at the back and you will see how this is coming along, and where to put the stitching. Basically you keep on going until you have as many petals as you want. The cut you r ribbon and tuck the raw wdge under and tack into place. Turn over and your ribbon is done.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, that looks really pretty.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this tutorial, I shall give it a bash x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Rose, going to play now, Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - I'm a big fan of ribbon/fabric flowers, so will defo give this one a go! Great tutorial thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this great tutorial. I've featured it on my blog

    http://cutekidsclocks.blogspot.com/2012/03/tutorial-tuesday-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete