design

Thursday 27 October 2011

Poinsettia Wreath for Christmas

Some of you may remember the poinsettia flower that I did as a tutorial a few weeks ago. I pondered and pondered about what I could do with it and finally this wreath is what I came up with.

If you want to make one then you will need some red felt to make the wreath and some kapok to stuff it. I cut out a circle of felt. I used a large ribbon reel but feel free to improvise and use whatever you have in the house. The centre was marked with a reel of beading wire that I happened to have handy.

The wreath is sewn together using good old blanket stitch and stuffed with kapok just before it is completely sewn together. Sew the poinsettias to the wreath.

I uesd a 38mm satin ribbon in teal to make the bow and the hanging ribbon. You can buy it from Craft Fairy here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yvonne, lovely to meet you today, love the blog. I am very new to the whole thing and enjoying it loads. I need to work on it a bit though. Hope you did well at the NEC, and that you are having a well deserved rest! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wreath, I just happened across your blog and felt it was rude not to say hi, so HI.....

    ReplyDelete