design

Saturday 10 December 2011

Organza Ribbon flower

Well I must say that I do seem to be on a roll as far as these ribbon flowers are concerned and this is the latest. Ribbon and button offer.
What you will have in this tutorial is the basis bow that will allow you to build up lots more bows. I've kept this simple for you so I hope that you're ready to play along.

You won't need much to make this, just:

1.5 metres of 23mm ribbon. ( The wider the ribbon, the fuller the flower. If you use thinner ribbon you will need to wrap it more to get the fullness. All will become clear).
1 large button
a scrap of contrasting ribbon
thread
needle
1 piece of still cardboard 5cm x 15cm. ( Cut it off an old cardboard box).


To make the flower:

Start with cut piece of ribbon at the top of the card as seen.

Wrap the ribbon around the cardboard overlapping the pieces as you go. Tie a good knot in your thread ( don't worry as it's not going to be seen) and sew a running stitch along the bottom edge of the ribbon.


 Slide the ribbon off the cardboard.
 Pull the thread abd it will ruffle up the ribbon.

When you've pulled tight you can sew the two edges together at the back of the flower and open out the loops. Now you can leave it like this if you like.
 Or you can.....Cut the tops off the loops at a diagonal as shown.
Thread the scrap ribbon through the button and tie tightly. Sew in place in the center of your flower.
Do you like it?
Now I've put an offer on the Craft Fairy home site as usual so that you can get this ribbon at a lower price.
Click here for the offer.

5 comments:

  1. I loved this flower. Thanks for sharing.

    val
    www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fab! Must go & 'have a go'! Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is lovely. I must make some for the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful and useful blog. I will definitely try that one out on some of my future projects. I've just started blogging even though I've been crafting for years. I'd be honored if you'd visit my blog when you get a chance. I was going to ask you where to get that ribbon, but I scrolled up and spotted the link :). Thank you, have a wonderful day.

    Love,

    Ivana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agreed with you Watkins. I'm in love with these ribbons. Simple. beautiful and attractive. I'm going buy these organza ribbon

    ReplyDelete