design

Friday 15 June 2012

Rose Hairband for a Summer Wedding

Flower hairbands seem to be making a complete comeback recently. They remind me of my flower power days in the late 60's. I wish. I was too young for that, but I really did think that it was just so romantic to wander round with flowers in your hair. I loved them so much though that I decided to use these roses in stock for a while as they are a beautiful flower. They are quite large at 45mm per flower, but they are so right for this hairband where the small roses will just get lost.

This is simplicity itself to make.

Products used:

Really large paper roses
Barrel roses
Celadon ribbon
6mm red spotty ribbon

Measure the head of the child that is to wear the hairband. Use three or four pieces of florist wire twisted together to make a wire circle to go around the head.

Space the roses equally around the wire and twist into place. Interspace with the cream barrel roses.

Use some 6mm ribbon to twist around the florist wire. This will cove the wire and the stems from the paper roses. Glue in place as you go along.

Take a length of 16mm celadon ribbon and tie in a bow at the back of the headdress and you have finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment