design

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Hearts and buttons

 Hearts and buttons, what more could a girl want? Perhaps some thread and ribbon?

Valentine's Day will be with us soon and this is a perfect project to get you going.
Today, I decided to  die cut some red hearts out of the fabulous wool blend felt that I showed you a couple of weeks ago. The result was that I felt inspired too and I made this heart hanging to kick off the Valentine makes. So much better than a card that ends up in the bin.

Items from Craft Fairy that I used:

Red wool blend die cut hearts

Buttons from the nursery mix

9mm red gingham


I started by sewing three buttons to one side of the heart. I used white buttons and red thread.

 Then I used green embroidery thread to sew a stem and leaves.
Quickly followed by blanket stitch in white, around 3/4 of the outside edge of the heart. This is then stuffed with any suitable stuffing. I used kapok because I have some. Stuffing from old pillows works fine too.



Pin the ribbon in position and finish stitching around the edge and there you have it a pretty scandi chic hanging heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment